Friday, September 7, 2007

My Blog

Here it is, my first blog. I suppose that this would be a good point to explain a little bit about myself. I am a former United States Marine, an Eagle Scout, and full time student at Kennesaw State University (KSU) in beautiful Kennesaw, Georgia. I am beginning my senior year as an International Affairs major, I have maintained a 3.82 gpa, and I look forward to entering the job market upon graduation.

I have really enjoyed my time at the university. I especially enjoyed competing for KSU's Model United Nations team. The Model UN team has added greatly to my understanding of the world of international relations, international law and organization, and a wide range of topics confronting the US and the world today. Additionally, I have learned a great deal about the formation of foreign policy , its implementation, interpretation, debate, and research. As a leader I had the privilege of leading an eight student delegation to a second place award, out of roughly 75 schools, while representing the Republic of Cuba.

Before I began my studies at Kennesaw I joined the US Marines. Before that I graduated from South Cobb High School with honors. Additionally, I was a Boy Scout in Cobb County, GA. As a Boy Scout I earned the Rank of Eagle Scout. This is the highest rank that the Boy Scouts can bestow on a boy.

No comments: